Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Make Early Childhood Parenting Fun

It was so excited to attend the Love and Logic "Early Childhood Parenting Made Fun". This 5 series workshop is instructed by Cyndi Goldfarb who raised up her two successful daughters with the principles of Love and Logic. I read books and articles from Love and Logic, I agree with and comprehend most of the principles because they are so biblical. However, it just so comforting to know that most successful parents don't try everything at once. We are asked to try one or two simple skills at a time ;)




This week we were asked to practice on Go brain dead, then Softly repeat a single Love and Logic one-liner whenever our kids are whining or arguing. I choose a couple of one-liner and of course I use only one at a time. These are my ready-to-repeat liners: "I know.", "How sad.", "I listen when you are calm.", "I only can hear you when you speak clearly.", "What did I say?"

Guess what? It worked. The whining time is decreasing from 60 minutes to 10 minutes! I am so 'thankful' that I got the chance to practice it since last Friday, the day right after the class. My overall feedback is that I started to understand why parenting experts suggest father to deal with discipline, instead of a mother. Mother is important for children in the first three years and father should slowly take over most of the parenting after their 3rd birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 A Mom's Focus
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes Powered by Blogger | DSW printable coupons