Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Personal version of "Gam Mua" noodle (干盘面)

Sometimes, I just enjoy to prepare my own simple, convenient yet yummy noodle when I am having the meal alone. Yeah, alone! Today, my hubby will enjoy lunch with his American friend and my princess is off for school. This is my golden opportunity. I changed my mind from beef noodle soup to  my personal version of "Gam Mua" noodle as I read my friend's comment on noodle in facebook.




Ingredients: Japanese Somen Noodles, 2 Tbsp ground beef, 1 fried egg, 4 pieces of Chinese cabbage, 3 tsp vegetable oil, 1 tsp oyster sauce, fried shallots, garlic, 1 tsp soy sauce, 2 tsp rice vinegar, one pinch of sugar (optional), salt and pepper to taste.

Directions:
1. Wash and rinse the Chinese cabbage,
2. Cut the cabbage and shallots,
3. Mince the garlic, 
4. Cook the Japanese Somen Noodles in boiling water for about 4 minutes,
5. Fried shallots with 2 tsp of vegetable oil and add into a bowl with oyster sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, salt and pepper, you need the oil to toss the noodles.
6. Rinse well the noodles and toss in the bowl of (5),
7. Fried one egg, then place the cooked egg on the noodles in the bowl,
8. Add another 1 tsp vegetable oil to cook the ground beef with minced garlic for about 5 minutes, not too long for the beef, to avoid harden beef ;),
9. Add a pinch of sugar and little salt to the beef,
10. Remove the cooked beef and place onto the noodles,
11. Cook the Chinese cabbage with the remaining oil for about 5 minutes,
12. Remove the cabbage and place onto the noodle, set and serve.

Grace, I've been missing 'Gam Muo' or 'Kolomee' very much in my 1st in States. After many times of trying, I think the key ingredients are the rice vinegar, fried shallot and sweet ground pork/beef. The taste is close to the Kolomee at Wee and Wee Garden in Kuching. However, my personal version is definitely less oil, yet healthy canola oil instead of pork lark ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2011 A Mom's Focus
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes Powered by Blogger | DSW printable coupons